Welcome to Pagosa Springs, Colorado
A Refreshingly Authentic Mountain Community
Southwest Colorado at its Finest
The Town of Pagosa Springs is the county seat of Archuleta County with a town population of over 2,000 and a county-wide population of almost 14,000. Pagosa Springs lies along US Highway 160, an east-west route that runs from Tuba City, AZ to near Poplar Bluff, MO and intersects many north-south Interstate routes along the way.
The San Juan National Forest, Weminuche Wilderness Area, South San Juan Wilderness Area and Southern Ute Indian lands surround Pagosa Springs. The San Juan River flows through the center of town on its way to Navajo Lake State Park. The Blanco River flows south of Pagosa Springs, and the Piedra River lies just west of downtown. There's plenty of opportunity for water recreation from rafting and floating, to world-class fly and spinner fishing.
In Archuleta County, only 34% of the lands are in private ownership, with the remaining 66% falling under the management of the U.S. Forest Service and Tribal areas. With so much public land, Pagosa Springs is a great place to "set up camp" and begin to explore southwest Colorado and the Four Corners region.
Small Mountain Town, Big on Amenities
Pagosa Springs is a destination where you can disconnect, get outside, and get out of cell phone range. It’s also a community with broadband access to share your adventures when you get back into town, three grocery stores to keep you fueled, a level IV trauma hospital and walk-in primary care clinic just-in-case, and plenty of options if you forget your toothbrush.
You'll find a variety of retail shops, art galleries, and 'in-town' activities as well. Pagosa Springs is home to a 27-hole championship golf course,18 holes of mini-golf and two 18-hole disc golf courses, one on Reservoir Hill downtown and one at Cloman Park northwest of downtown. There is an arcade downtown that lets retro gamers play on tokens and a challenging ‘escape room’ that puzzles even the cleverest of individuals. You will also find an award-winning, professional theatre company in Thingamajig Theatre Company at Pagosa Center for the Arts. You can learn more about the theatre and their productions on our Arts & Culture Page.