San Juan River Use
For the very latest on USGS River Flow Information, click here.
To ensure a pleasurable experience and to protect the San Juan River, please note the following:
River Access Locations
River users should access the San Juan River at the designated public river access locations.
Public access to the river is along a 2 mile stretch from the River Center to the Yamaguchi Park access.
Based on the flow, the San Juan River can have class I, II and III rapids.
Tubing is only recommended in lower water (under 400 cubic feet per second). State law requires 12 and under wear life jackets.
Private property includes the shore, beach, and even the bottom of the river. Be respectful of private property and do not trespass.
RIVER USE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK
- BE SAFE - Wear a Coast Guard approved life vest and secure foot wear.
- BE PREPARED - Dress for cold water swim and changing weather.
- BE CAREFUL - You will encounter rocks, logs, man-made obstacles and strong currents. Swimming is at your own risk.
- No glass containers or alcohol.
- Remove all trash and dispose of it properly.
- Leash and clean up after your pet.
- Be courteous to other river and park users.
- Do not use the river bank as a toilet.